Santa Hat Brownies. Scratch made brownies as the base, a strawberry with a Mascarpone buttercream. The sweetest thing on earth (no literally). Ha! But delicious nonetheless.
A pretty simple recipe that I got over at daisy’s world. If you want to do a boxed brownie mix, that’s cool. I like to do my brownies from scratch. The butter cream is very sweet. Be mindful of that and I’d give it a taste after every cup added. Other than that, I wouldn’t change anything. If you don’t want to do the Mascarpone buttercream, a cream cheese icing would probably be delicious too.
Enjoy. Happy baking. And happy holidays.
Here’s my brownie recipe (if you decide to do it from scratch). For the mascarpone buttercream recipe and assembling instructions, head over to daisy’s world by clicking here.
- 1 cup butter (I’ve seen that some folks substitute with oil or do half oil/half butter. I haven’t tried this but when/if I do, I’ll update you)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter (I do this over medium heat).
- Combine ingredients in the order listed and stir by hand (I use a wooden spoon)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (use the tooth pick trick to determine if brownies are done)
Adapted from Best Basic Brownie